Why I'm Not Attending AWP
- Welcome to the N.L. Centralish! I will be vested as Commissioner of this year’s inaugural season. I think 80% of us are nubes at the fantasy baseball system so Krammes and Jerrod should be patient. Also, Krammes and Kate should not feel ostracized because they’re the only people not related to a Bryson… (YET!) Also, some house keeping orders, and this is probably the first of several charges that needs issued by myself in my Commissioner capacity. So: If Krammes is struck by sniper fire or succumbs to Afghan protests and is incapacitated in any way to the point that he cannot play fantasy MLB, I move that he needs to establish a successor who can take over and run his team. Sort of like Sharon did with Tzipi Livni when he bailed out of the newly established Kadima party because of a “coma.”
- So, sniper fire and unholy protests be damned, baseball goes on, sounds good to me. I’m not sure how to start a draft but it probably entails selecting a date and time and hitting a button that says something like “start draft” or something like that. Evan’s mascot is outlawed in 43 1/2 states for sure, it not only makes kids cry it made me cry. So, who’s who in this game? We know DB, Krammes, Andy, Ally, Me, Master Batters I’m guessing Tony and the rest I’m up in the air on. Also, I’m way pissed that I can’t access this from work due to it being blocked on the basis of being considered a “Game”, stupid!
- Okay guys (and ladies), I’ve gone over the rules and we can either do this live draft style and draft our rosters by taking turns which will require all of us to be online at the same time…or we can do a list draft whereby we rank our players. I’ve got us down for live draft right now just so we don’t get locked into a set. But can change it back to list draft by the Authority of the Commissioner. (See what I did there? I combined fantasy baseball with His Dark Materials. I prefer to be called the Authority actually from now on.) Anyway, everyone should be doing their pre-rankings as this will ensure they get who they want or at least somewhat of their desired roster.
- Lets do a live draft. Jerrod, I too am blocked from this site at work. I found a work around though. I was able to navigate to the site only if I clicked the original invite link AJ sent to my email. Anyhow, I am 9.5 hours ahead of you all, so if you set the draft for like 10 or 11 EST than I should be able to participate. My first three picks if I had to draft right now: 1. Chris Sabo 2. Jonah Keri 3. Marty Brenneman
- I like the idea of coordinating a live draft for a Patriot doing hard work in the high desert of Afghanistan, but I just don’t think it’s feasible. One, I’m pretty sure Todd is leaching internet from a bar 4 blocks away, plus he’s notoriously difficult to schedule with from years of habit-forming evasive tactics with collection bureaus. Two: Evan, well, you’ve all seen his team name and mascot, enough said. Next, Tayler and I don’t have internet at our house- you’re Iranian connection is better than our non-existent one. Jerrod and Ally would likely do it because they’re the most responsible; and Ally has that unflagging politeness possessed by all Canadians (I think she thought this was a curling league!). I actually think a list could be pretty fun. It all come down to where you rank your players: If I put Votto at #1 and you put him at #6(you wouldn’t right?) then I snatch him up. It’s all based on where you rank them, and I think that’s a bit of strategy right there. Naturally with Todd, Tayler, and Evan farting around, Kemp will be divided in more ways than Voldemort’s soul and become a toss-up on who actually gets him. So, I’m keeping the Live Draft up for now because List Draft is scheduled for March 2d and that’s not enough time for us nubes to rank our players. Next: I would like to propose an edict straight from the Authority: NO AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED to be drafted in the N.C. Centralish League. Hit (X) next to their name and get them out of here. The Authority will take written arguments as to why they should be included as is required by Due Process under the 5th and 14th Amendment.